Thursday, November 13, 2008

Daddy's dogs


When I met Brian, one of the first things I asked was if he liked dogs. Apparently he had never grown up with animals (gasp!) but his brother has a beagle, Buddy, and Brian always said great things about him. This seemed like a good start. Although I have now found out that Brian is definitely a cat guy, he is very caring and cute with both dogs (though mostly if no one is looking). He has a great calming effect on Cisco, and Freyja has been a daddy's girl from the beginning. Right after we got married, Brian wanted another dog. I knew that he wanted a beagle but I saw Freyja, fell in love, and she came to live with us. I'm so glad she's our girl now. She is good with cats, dogs, and kids. I've never seen her get in a fight with another dog and she's the only dog I know that doesn't put up with Cisco's huge attitude! Ever since we taught her to shake, she slaps people in the face/leg/knee/arm with her long legs whenever she gets excited. This is not a good thing to wake up to in the morning!

1 comment:

Amy and the Huskies said...

That is a really cute picture! I think you've converted him to the dog side. ;)