Thursday, November 13, 2008

No pets allowed? No problem!



First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes house and then pets. Well, I seemed to have done it all backwards. When I first got Cisco, I was single and not even living in a house. Cisco and I slept in my grandparent's garage for two weeks until I found an apartment that would let me keep a dog. I had to twist the landlord's arm and pay a huge deposit to move in with a pet. Four years later, I convinced him to let Brian and me bring Freyja into the family. Now we have Leto who is technically a secret. As far as the cat is concerned we have a don't ask, don't tell policy with the landlord. So that's how I brought two dogs and smuggled one cat into a two bedroom duplex that started off with a no pets policy. So how do I live with two dogs and no fenced yard? A giant dog run, lots of walks, hiking, and trips to the park. We also bought a 200 dollar "pet" vacuum to combat hair and lots of carpet cleaner in case somebody has an accident. I'm so lucky to have found a place where I can keep my pets, but I still dream of the day when we can all live in a big house with a fenced yard. Once I'm a homeowner, there's no limit to how many "kids" I may have!

1 comment:

Amy and the Huskies said...

Haha well at least you didn't manage to aquire THREE dogs while still single.